Thursday, May 16, 2013

Picking Up The Pieces


It’s been a while since my last post and I feel it’s time for an update on life. Over the past few months a lot has happened; I quit school, got a job, my court appeal came in and Sophia got a raise. All in all lots of positive things have been happening. I think things are starting to come around and we are finally picking up the pieces of our lives and moving forward.
 First off was when I quit school, it was a hard thing to do but it was necessary. I found out that my credits and my license from this education was not going to transfer to Washington State and that I would have to start over after we moved there. I looked up a few schools where we plan on living and well I found a few that I like and hopefully it won’t take too long after we settle in there for me to go back.
 Well around when I dropped school  I got a great and challenging job just a few months ago and I have to say it’s different than anything I’ve ever done. I work for a place called TCH and they’re a non-profit that run assisted living for the disabled and mentally challenged. I currently work overnights as a care provider in one of their group homes, I help take care of five wonderful women with a range of disabilities and it has been the most remarkable task I’ve ever done and I’ll miss them when we leave.
 So as most know I finally received the judgment from the court of appeals and I received mostly good news.  The order for supervised visits was overturned and my name was cleared of being a threat to my children, but the request for overturning the order for sole custody was denied.  Over all this was what we expected and was a huge win. I now have to go back and get a visitation order and ask to change legal custody to shared. I’m very hopeful at this point and I know things are looking good for me and my boys.
 That leaves me to what our future hold. With Sophia getting a huge raise and her plans to pursue getting her old position back after we move, I would like to say things are really looking good. We plan on getting ourselves together and being out of Arizona by the end of the year and finally starting to settle in and build our lives together. I can see our possible future fall into place now and I can see us having a nice place and raising a family together, I see nothing but good things from now on.
As I live my life, My life into Zoe
Cheers!

2 comments:

Sarah Wilson said...

Zoe,
I wish the best for you and Sophia, and hope the situation with your boys improves. Gee, that really sucks about the school. At least you didn't go all the way through only to find out then. Then the job, which sounds really awesome. When one door closes another opens, right?

Hang in there and everything should fall into place for you. Hugs! ((((( <3 )))))

Ciao :-)
Sarah

Unknown said...

Very nice <3 Always nice to read good news. Thanks for posting.

Post a Comment