Monday, March 25, 2013

The devil’s in the details


So it’s time for an update on what’s going on in my life and to clear the air in what our future plans are. Well in the past few months I found out that my massage education would not transfer to Washington State nor would they accept a license from my school and they are very picky in what out of state education they will accept. So for the time being I’m no longer in school and will be continuing my education in Federal Way after we move to Tacoma. Well the other thing going on is that we need a steady income to be able to move and without the restrictions of school I was able to find a really decent job.

So, some of you may ask what are the details. Well for one my new job is working at a group home for mentally & physically challenged adults, my employers are a NPO called The Center for Habilitation or TCH. I have to say it’s a great job and it’s really a great challenge for me and I never ever thought of working in a group home before this, and I really like it. My job is very rewarding and I get to work with some really great individuals that live in the house I work at, I can’t really talk too much about them because of client confidentiality but I can say that they are uniquely wonderful. I am partially out at work, meaning they know that I’m a lesbian and that I’m in a wonderful relationship. What they don’t know is that I’m transgender and really that’s my personal choice as I enjoys just being one of the girls and finally be the woman that I truly am, I’ve decided that  I don’t need to share this detail with everyone and that it’s need to information and that’s fine and dandy for me.

The next thing that is going on in my life is that my appeals is being worked on through the courts and a judgment is expected within the next few months at the very least and that will get the ball rolling for new negotiations with Chanel for more time with my boys and more legal custodial rights and the end of the unjust judgment that was put against me over a year and a half ago. I really want to start working towards something that’s more permanent, something that would allow me to see my boys during their time off from school and also make sure that my family can see them without issues or manipulation either. I also want to have the ability to see and talk to my boys over the phone or via webcam on a set schedule and upon reasonable request. Just because I’m leaving the state doesn’t mean I’m leaving my boys behind. As a mother I must be there for them in any way I can and leaving them out of my life is not an option.

This brings us to the last part of my update. I know that I’ve talked about moving to Tacoma WA off and on and well since I have a job now we finally have the income to save up for the big move. Honestly we’re shooting for this next fall right after my oldest birthday, but we’ll know more as or funds build up. I’m hoping to be in our new home for the holiday season and I can’t wait to get out of this state and start working on a more permanent career and building a new life with Sophia. This is the goal and I hope for the best that we meet it, but in the end we’ll move when we have the money and that’s the most important part. 

So as I continue to live this wonderful life,
my Life into Zoe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment